Pages

Friday 26 September 2014

Monster-fish in Thailand

A few weeks ago I came home from Thailand, where I have been every year in September for the last five years. As some probably know, Thailand has some fantastic "put 'n' take" lakes with masses of interesting a really big fish. I have over the years had fish of up to 60 kilos as earlier described in this blog.

This year I have read about a new lake (Jurassic Mountain) that is close to Hua Hin, which of course has to be investigated. I had tempted Emil and my father along on the trip and I can promise you we had an experience for life. Vi took “only” 7 fish in 11 hours fishing, but all were over 15 kg, and they all fought like you had hooked a steam train. The biggest fish and also a new PR, was a Arapaima of around 80 kg. An absolute monster.

Although it is put’n take it is still an enormous experience to stand and fight with so big and strong a fish, so I can recommend anyone finding themselves in the area to try it. The prices vary somewhat, but the good lakes with the really big fish cost around 1300 kr for a day’s fishing.

If anyone needs help fishing in the area you can just write to jonas@pikefly.dk

Giant Arapima - 80 kg. Our dream fish :)
Siamese carp ~30 kg
Redtail Catfish - 15 kg. Strong like hell
Emil with a big Siamese Carp
The smallest of our two arapaimas of the day
Jurassic Mountain is one of the best and most beautiful lakes in Hua Hin


My dad is guarding the rods

20 minutes fight in a heavy rain shower
Emil is tired after a long fight
The biggest arapaime was a true monster
A well deserved beer after all the "hard" work :)


No comments:

Post a Comment