Pages

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Big pike incoming!

The weather forecast called out for a big pike day yesterday, so of course I was to be found on the lake from sunrise to sunset. After last week’s efforts on the shallower water I chose this time to try the deep to see if I could find some bigger fish in to play. Unfortunately the big fish were with another angler on the lake – more about that further down. I got around 15 pike-  the biggest being 5 – 6 kilos. Most were caught on Line thru trouts and 3D herring wobler from Savage Gear.

Biggest pike for me this day - a 5-6 kg beauty
Best bait of the day: 3D herring from Savage Gear in the color Golden Ambulance
Apart from that I had a couple of funny incidents when the pike attacked the paravanes several times. One sprang 4 times out of the water with the paravane in its mouth. A fun experience that shows that the pike are waking up from their summer slumbers.

I was lucky to witness one of my good fishing friends, Klaus Vestergaard, fight and land a new PR. It was nothing less than a monster of 122 cm and 12 lovely kilos. A huge “well done” to Klaus with that great fish. I’m a bit jealous ☺ After photographing, it was gently released back to the depths where it belongs.


The monster :)



Klaus got another nice pike - 8,1 kg


Rumour has it that it was again Line Thru Trouts that delivered this fine fish.

It was a trout in the color which got Klaus his dream pike.


Break a leg out there ☺

This is life.

Medium pike with a 3D herring wobler in the mouth


The day ended with this lovely sunset. I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment